Different Ways To Remove Unwanted Hair From the Body
Out of all the different kinds of beauty treatments, one of the most annoying and painful is removing hair from your body. Unlike the hair on the entire body, the hair on your face is quite visible and can shake anyone's confidence. In this video, Dr. Nivedita Dadu, who is a renowned dermatologist in Delhi explains different ways through which one can remove unwanted hair.
What precautions to take before going for hair removal treatment?
Dr. Nivedita explains that primarily, if an individual is taking any medicine which has retinol in it and dries the skin, then they should stop using that 10-15 days before the treatment.
Apart from the medicine and acne creams, one should also not use bleach before the facial and body hair removal treatment. Scrubbing or microdermabrasion should also be avoided before the treatment.
When not to consider facial hair removal treatment?
Dr. Dadu says that someone with active acne, and dry and sensitive skin should think twice before getting the facial and body hair removal treatment done. It is important to consult a dermatologist first.
What causes unwanted facial and body hair growth?
2. Hormonal Issues
3. Lifestyle issues like - PCOD
4. Steroid cream
5. Specific medication
Basic concept of hair removal method
If an individual has hard and coarse hair, then the person may experience fast hair growth. On the other hand, if a person has fine or thin hair, then they will experience slow hair growth.
There are two types of hair removal methods including hair extraction from roots and superficial hair removal, says Dr. Dadu.
Types of hair removal methods
1. Hair extraction from roots
This method is divided into different treatments including waxing, plucking, threading, and epilator.
- Waxing: It is one of the most common ways of hair removal, and different types of wax including cold, hot, and sugar wax, etc are used. As per Dr. Dadu, people who have coarse hair may require multiple wax strips to remove hair. Sometimes, this can cause folliculitis.
- Plucking or Tweezing: This method is only feasible to use when there is less hair growth. Using the plucking and tweezing method regularly can cause hair inflammation, folliculitis, and darkening of the skin.
- Threading: Threading is also painful. However, when people use those threads which have been used many times, then it can cause a viral infection like plain warts.
- Epilator: This is one of the modern ways of removing hair from roots. Since one will have a personal epilator it reduces the risk of infection.
2. Superficial hair removal treatment
- Hair Removal Creams: According to Dr. Dadu, these creams contain chemicals like calcium thioglycolate and can only be used only in a specific area of the body. Since these creams contain chemicals, it is advisable to not use the product on the face.
- Hair Removal Cream to Reduce Hair Growth: These creams help to reduce the growth of hair as it contains a chemical called eflornithine hydrochloride. These creams should be used daily in the morning and at night. There should be a gap of eight hours, and they should be on the skin for at least four hours. One should shave the skin before using the cream.
- Bleach: Individuals who do not have pimples and sensitive skin can use bleach. Always do a patch test before the bleach.
- Trimmers: Trimmers very closely remove the hair and also show good results.
- Dermaplaning: The treatment can only be performed at a dermatologist's clinic. Through this, the texture of the skin and the skin tone improves. The procedure removes the peach fuzz and thin hair. This also removes dead cells.
- Shaving: There are different razors for males and females. There are fewer chances for infection while using the shaving method.
3. Laser treatment
In this method, laser light is used to damage hair follicles as well as the pigment cell and hair haemoglobin. The laser treatment reduces the growth of hair. However, it requires multiple sessions. The laser energy is determined as per the hair type, complexion, and target area.
This method includes a fine needle that is inserted in your hair, and it produces an electric current that destroys the hair follicles reducing hair growth.
Before going for any hair removal procedure one should be completely aware of the pros and cons and then select the best kind of treatment which will suit them.
Disclaimer: The above content is for informational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified physician or doctor. The Company does not vouch for or endorse any of the above content, and disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, relating to the same.