Six Best Remedies To Control Hair Loss And Hair Thinning
Hair fall not only affects one's appearance but also their mental health. Moreover, a variety of emotional conditions occur as a response to hair loss.
In today’s hectic lifestyle, hair fall has become a common problem in both men and women. If you too are dealing with hair fall problems, then you must check out these remedies suggested by one of the top dermatologists, Dr. Nivedita Dadu. They will help you to stop hair fall and increase hair volume.
1. Incorporate Supplements in your Diet - It’s a proven fact that by including a few supplements in your diet like flaxseed, pumpkin seed, saw palmetto, soya isoflavonoids, and lycopene, you can reduce hormonal hair fall to great extent. These dietary supplements help in controlling DHT (Dihydrotestosterone), a hormone that interferes in the stages of hair growth by miniaturising your hair follicles, which eventually causes them to shrink, making it difficult to produce new hair. So, as these supplements prevent DHT production on your scalp, it helps to combat hair loss and promote healthy follicles.
2. Apply Onion Oil - There are several advantages of applying onion oil on hair. These include preventing hair fall, increasing hair volume, controlling dandruff, and decreasing the graying of hair. Many people even apply onion juice on their hair, but it has certain disadvantages like it can’t be stored for long, has a strong smell, and can also cause allergic reactions like scalp irritation. All those who want to apply onion on their hair, go for onion oil instead of onion juice.
3. Apply Rosemary Essential Oil - If you don’t want to apply onion oil, then rosemary essential oil is another good option. But remember essential oils are concentrated in nature and therefore must never be applied directly to your hair or skin as they can cause irritation. If you want to apply, mix 6-8 drops of rosemary essential oil with coconut oil or olive oil. It will help in stopping your hair fall and increasing the density of hair.
4. Hair Serums - There are several hair serums available in the market that are non-minoxidil and very effective. Though many people use minoxidil serums because they stimulate hair growth and increase hair thickness and density, they may also have side effects like lightheadedness and scalp irritation. So those who don’t want to apply minoxidil serums can try out these non-minoxidil serums like Procapil Serum, Keravis Serum, Anagain Serum, and Capixyl Serum for good results.
5. Derma Roller - Derma Roller is a handheld roller tool with many microneedles. It comes in different sizes varying from 0.25 mm to 1.5 mm. It is highly effective in tackling hair loss, hair growth, and regrowth. Dr. Dadu suggests that if you want to use a derma roller at home, don’t go for a size more than 0.5 mm. When you use this medical device, it creates micro-injuries in your scalp which increase the blood supply, thus improving hair growth. For effective results, use a derma roller once in ten days. Using it regularly or on alternate days can be harmful. Moreover, women must use the derma roller only in one direction as they have long hair that may get tangled.
It must also be noted that you should never start using a derma roller without consulting a dermatologist, as there are certain types of hair falls where using this device can prove harmful.
6. Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) - It is performed at dermatology clinics and is also referred to as red-light therapy and cold laser therapy. It irradiates photons into scalp tissues which are then absorbed by weak cells to encourage hair growth. It is a widely accepted procedure and is safe, tolerable, and less invasive than hair transplant surgery. This therapy is highly beneficial for hair as it helps to remove dandruff, increase blood flow and strengthen hair follicles.
If all the above remedies are proving ineffective in stopping your hair fall or thinning of hair, then you must consult an experienced and qualified dermatologist and get your scalp examined. With the right diagnosis and treatment, you can control your hair fall.Disclaimer: The above content is for informational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified physician or doctor. The Company does not vouch for or endorse any of the above content, and disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, relating to the same.