A complete guide to face contouring methods for better facial aesthetics
Latest technologies have made it possible for people to achieve youthful, radiant skin without even experiencing excruciating pain. Nowadays, many people especially women go for surgical or non-surgical face contouring methods to tighten their skin and restore the face’s ogee curve. This double S-shaped curvature along the cheeks gives the face contour and dimension. Among younger women, this Ogee curve is wide and extensive which enhances their appearance and gives the upper and mid-face fullness and width. But as they grow old, the size of the curve diminishes, leaving them with flat cheeks and a lack of contour to the face.
Dr. Debraj Shome of The Esthetic Clinics, explains how the Indian face ages.
The upper third face of Indians age relatively well, due to melanin content in their face. However, the mid-face and lower face are the real problem areas. This is largely due to an early onset of neck sagging and jowling (excess skin on the lower face just below the chin and jawline). Also, among Indians, the buccal fat pad volume is reasonably well maintained. The buccal fat pad is a pocket of fat that resides in the lower cheek and gives a full, rounded appearance to the lower face.
Face contours are important in every ethnicity, however in Indians as the lower face widens with age, facial contouring and engineering become even more important.
Face contouring methods for better facial aesthetics
Modalities typically used by dermatologists for face contouring are:
· Fillers: Fillers are gel-like substances that are injected beneath the surface of the facial skin using injections to help you get rid of wrinkles and increase the volume of your face. For the facial contouring of a heavy face, a high G-Prime filler like Juvederm Voluma is used at the lateral pyramids of the face to raise the overhanging mountain upwards and a low G-Prime filler is used to coat the lower part of the face and make laugh lines look better.
· Threads: Thread lifting is the art of putting certain barbed wires below the skin which helps to reposition and pull the skin up. It is a non-surgical procedure that can make the patient’s face look decades younger. It’s an office-based, extremely safe procedure and usually takes around 30 minutes. Face looks normal in around 48 hours and the effect lasts up to 18-24 months.
· Botox: As per a study, using Botulinum Toxin (Botox) for correction of Masseter hypertrophy can give long-lasting results. Masseter Muscle Hypertrophy is a condition where your masseter muscle, which is one of the primary muscles for mastication or chewing, gets enlarged prominently. People with such conditions usually complain of square shaped faces or wide faces with no cheek projection. Using Botox in such a condition can give patients a chance to improve facial contour.
· Deoxycholic Acid: Deoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring bile acid that breaks down and eliminates fat cells. As per a study, Deoxycholic acid can be used to reduce the submental fat under the chin, commonly known as ‘double chin’. Patients can see optimal results with a series of three-six treatments spaced every four-six months.
· Ulthera: This high-intensity focused ultrasound treatment makes the face look much more structured, raises the fat pads and therefore contours the face. This therapy kickstarts collagen production and tightens the connective tissue deeper than other non-surgical treatments.
· Surgeries: You can also undergo surgery to tighten your face. Mid-facelift is a great way of passing sutures through the submental fat, taking them up and tying them to the Deep temporal fascia, which raises the entire face and makes the face look much better. Surgery can also be performed to remove the Nasolabial folds (folds of skin between the nose and mouth, underneath the check) using facial liposuction and the fat can be repositioned in the upper part of the face where it came from changing the entire structure of the face surgically.
You can either go ahead with a single procedure or a combination of these procedures to make your face appear tight and more youthful.
Disclaimer: The above content is for informational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified physician or doctor. The Company does not vouch for or endorse any of the above content, and disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, relating to the same.