Best Anti-Ageing Treatments For Age Spots, Wrinkles, And Sagging Skin
Just like there is an expiration date for products that we buy off the shelves, women’s skin also comes with a certain period of flawlessness.
With age, our skin starts to show signs of ageing in the form of sagging skin, fine lines, and uneven skin tone for starters. Though for the longest time it might not matter to most women, after a point the dark patches and the wrinkles start to bother a bit. And to bring back that glow and get away with the under-eye bags, there exist invasive and non-invasive treatments which can help restore the shine. So as not to let the various procedures confuse you, Dr. Nivedita Dadu, Founder, and Chairman, of Dadu Medical Centre explains in depth what these procedures are all about.
These are medical procedures wherein there is no contact with the skin or breaking through it to carry out the treatment. The plus side of non-invasive treatments is no downtime involved, wherein one can resume back to their daily routine immediately after the treatment as the techniques involved don’t cause any redness on the skin. Dr. Dadu explains some popular anti-aging non-invasive therapies that one can opt for:
- DMC Age Defy - This treatment involves using monopolar radio frequency wherein the heat generated penetrates into the deepest layer of the skin which then triggers collagen production. This procedure makes the skin firmer, and tighter and doesn’t even have any downtime.
- High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) - This treatment brings into use focused ultrasound waves to generate heat to remove a portion of tissue. It lifts the sagging skin making it firmer and requires a lesser number of anti-aging sessions.
- Bloody Mary Peel - This involves using fractional lasers which make channels or columns in the skin and the laser then triggers collagen production. The best part about this treatment is that it doesn’t affect the surrounding skin and heats the skin only on the created channels. This treatment is followed with Platelet Rich Plasma therapy (PRP) wherein the platelets are extracted and infused post-laser giving enhanced results. This treatment is good to treat superficial fine lines, wrinkles, and open pores. The dermatologist further emphasises that Bloody Mary Peel is best suited for textural improvement of the skin as it makes the skin smooth.
- Vampire Facial - This treatment involves using a derma pen wherein platelets are infused into the skin. The derma pen helps create columns and channels on the skin wherein the platelets are infused, which then trigger collagen production. The infused platelets are the growth factors for making the skin tighter and firmer.
- Fractional Q-Switched Laser - Dr. Dadu explains that the best part about this treatment is that while it works on the superficial layer of the skin, it also works on the deeper levels. This treatment will not only trigger collagen production but also reduce skin pigmentation, dullness, and uneven skin tone.
Minimally Invasive Treatments
Small incisions or cuts and a few stitches are used in this procedure. According to the dermatologist, minimally invasive treatments are not only safer but also produce faster and longer-lasting results.
- Fillers - This treatment involves injecting hyaluronic acid into the skin of the face, which helps reduce the hollowness and sagging on the face. With this injection, the skin becomes firmer, showing immediate results that will get better in the next two weeks and last for about a year. Fillers are mainly used to treat under-eye skin, laugh lines, and sagging jaws.
- Botox - This treatment best suits fine lines as it relaxes the facial muscles and lessens wrinkles. It is used to treat the lines that occur on our face when the muscles are overworked, such as frown lines, crow’s feet, lines around the eyes, or lines on the forehead.
- Skin Boosters - These are hyaluronic acid injections that hydrate the skin as well as promote collagen remodelling. This is good, especially to treat superficial fine lines and dehydrated skin. The plus point is that collagen remodelling also kicks in an anti-aging effect on the skin.
- Threadlift - This treatment is also known as the lunch hour list. This treatment involves inserting threads in the skin that instantly lift the skin. At the same time, it promotes collagen production, which leads to skin rejuvenation, tightness, and firmness. This treatment can also be used for eyebrow lifting.
Lastly, Dr. Dadu recommends opting for both non-invasive and minimally invasive treatments for better and longer-lasting results.
Disclaimer: The above content is for informational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified physician or doctor. The Company does not vouch for or endorse any of the above content, and disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, relating to the same.