Say Goodbye To Dull & Dry Skin With These Hacks
People with dry skin are more prone to dullness and dryness and there are plenty of factors that cause the skin to lose its radiance too.
Why is my skin looking so dull? Why do I feel my skin is dry even after moisturising? Am I losing my skin radiance? All these questions trouble most of us going through teenage years, dealing with post-pregnancy blues, or when the weather around is just not pleasant. Skin being the largest organ of the body, deals with a lot of unwanted exposure to chemicals, harmful bacteria and pollutants, with an integumentary system that protects the body from temperature. Dull and dry skin appears patchy, ashy, and lacklustre.
Why Does Skin Turn Dry And Dull, Losing Its Radiance?
- According to Dr Jewel Gamadia, dryness of skin can be a seasonal phenomenon where changes in weather conditions can cause the skin to appear dry. Winters usually are harsh on the skin as the moisture content in the air becomes less. You can simply use any moisturiser and that should do the trick
- It could also be due to poor nutrition or using hot water. Some people get dry skin due to excessive washing of hands (due to obsessive-compulsive disorder). Remember the movie Aviator where Leonardo Di Caprio had this need to wash his hands again and again
- Sky dryness can occur during pregnancy too as the skin expands around the abdomen
- And finally, it could simply be due to ageing
Thankfully, you can take care of your skin by using home remedies, avoiding long exposure to sun and keeping it moisturised. Here are a few things that you can do at home to care for your skin.
How can I get my skin looking rejuvenated and fresh again?
- Include Vitamin C in diet:
A balanced and healthy diet always helps glowing and radiant skin and the general well-being of the body. Including more vitamin C in your diet helps to absorb iron and brings back the skin's radiance. Avocado, citrus fruits including oranges, kiwi, lemon, berries, and cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and cabbage are rich in vitamin C. You can also consider taking a vitamin supplement with a prescription from a doctor.
Do not ignore Iron in your diet:
Iron deficiency can also lead to dull and dry skin. Consuming an iron-rich diet can help in treating dull and dry skin. Spinach is an amazing source of iron and certain multi-nutrients that give wonderful skin results. Apart from spinach, beets which are also rich in iron as well as vitamin B9, help new cells to grow and may bring back the glow of the skin. If a person has a higher iron deficiency, iron supplements could also be considered.
Drink more water:
As 60 percent of our body consists of water, it has its own importance for the functioning of every organ. Skin radiance is directly connected to its hydration. More hydrated and moisturised skin will look radiant and glowing. It is generally believed that about four litres of water may be had in a day.
Disclaimer: The above content is for informational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified physician or doctor. The Company does not vouch for or endorse any of the above content, and disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, relating to the same.