Want To Lose Weight? Use This Diet Plan To Do It In A Healthy Way
It is critical that your diet plan does not deprive you of nutrition.
There is no shortage of diet plans for losing weight. Simply searching the internet will bring up some of the most recent and greatest diet plans. However, the question is, are they healthy?
Dr Jewel Gamadia, a well-known acupuncturist suggests one such diet plan that will not just help you lose weight but will also make sure that it does not harm your health.
Diet Plan for weight loss
Day 1 is for carbs: For breakfast, you can go for idli, poha or bread. At lunchtime, you can have rice with any dal or vegetable and for dinner, you can eat shallow fried potatoes.
Day 2 is for high proteins: Just have protein-rich food this day. It may include lentils, soya chunks, tofu, and paneer and if you are non-vegetarian, you can also have eggs and chicken.
Day 3 is for high fibre: Include in your diet dried figs, salad, vegetables, soups, and fruits on this day.
Dr Gamadia also recommends having olive oil in at least two meals, which means four tablespoons a day. This oil helps to replace saturated fat with monounsaturated fat, thus helping in reducing weight and fat mass. For maximum health benefits, he suggests not cooking in olive oil.
Repeat the above diet plan for at least two weeks for better results.
How is this diet plan helpful?
1. This diet plan helps to keep your pH balanced. As you are having protein only two days a week, this will ensure that your body doesn’t become too acidic.
2. It doesn't stress your liver much and your body receives the right amount of nutrients that it needs to function.
3. Your skin doesn’t get affected by this diet plan. Its elasticity remains intact, and it doesn’t turn dull.
4. The effect of this diet plan stays with you for a long. You don’t gain weight easily.
Supplements to take along with the diet
1. Vitamin B12 or B-Complex: Take one among any of these vitamins to lose weight faster. As per studies, Vitamin B12 plays a key role in fat metabolism and its deficiency can lead to increased fat accumulation and obesity. Vitamin B complex on the other hand helps your body convert food into energy thus facilitating weight loss. Dr Gamadia suggests having around 500 – 1000 mg of B12 or B complex and you can take it either in the morning or at lunch.
2. Calcium: Studies suggest that a diet deficient in calcium is associated with higher body weight and that augmenting calcium intake may reduce weight and fat gain or enhance loss. Dr Gamadia recommends taking around 400 mg of calcium supplements at night.
3. Vitamin C: Take this supplement if you have cellulite issues, otherwise Vitamin B12/ B-Complex and Calcium are sufficient. Cellulite is most prevalent in women, and it develops from the interaction of fat and connective tissue below the surface of your skin especially around the buttocks, thighs and hips. It has oxygen pockets in it which the body doesn’t use it very often and thus it becomes difficult to get rid of it. Vitamin C is one of the major vitamins that help with cellulite. As it is known for its collagen production properties and the ability to repair blood cells, this makes it a good cellulite remover. Moreover, its antioxidant properties also prevent the skin from undergoing damage.
Along with following a proper diet plan and taking supplements, Dr Gamadia asks to exercise daily. He also suggests avoiding milk and other dairy products so as to keep your body alkaline and its pH balanced.
Disclaimer: The above content is for informational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified physician or doctor. The Company does not vouch for or endorse any of the above content, and disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, relating to the same.